Fans and lovers of African music worldwide have been given the opportunity to decide winners in the 38 categories of the All Africa Music Awards, AFRIMA 2021. Voting commenced globally on Monday, September 27, 2021 at 18:00 (EAT) and will end on Saturday, November 20, 2021 at 00:00 (CAT).
- Visit https://ww.afrima.org or use the direct URL https://afrima.org/AFRIMA2021voting to navigate to the voting platform.
- voters can login with the appropriate details to access the voting platform while new users should click on the “create account” option and fill in the details ensuring they remember the details exactly username and password as it will be required for successful login.
- Upon successful login to the voting platform, you will find the dashboard area where the impact of your voting engagement is displayed as well as your unique shareable URL.
- The unique shareable URL enables you to acquire more vote count when you share the URL on your social platforms to be used for any artistes in any category as you choose.
- Navigate to the menu where you find the Regional and Continental categories then select the appropriate category of your choosing to vote.
- On each of the voting categories, you find the respective artiste, artistes images, artistes name, track title of nominations, country, YouTube/Soundcloud link to preview before voting and then a vote button.
- Every voter upon sign up will be entitled to three vote counts per day (i.e., every day to be used per artiste per category according to their choosing) for each of the 38 categories of the Awards – more vote counts can be acquired/accumulated based on fans engagements with a unique shareable URL found on the fans/voters’ dashboard upon sign up.
For more information, contact AFRIMA at email@example.com
Winners will be determined by 100% public votes in some categories while a combination of 50% public votes and 50% of Academy of Voters’ votes will determine winners in other categories. AFRIMA International Academy of Voters comprises professionals in the music industry in Africa – musicologist, producers, veteran artistes, artiste managers, music/entertainment journalists and DJs among others.
The International Committee of AFRIMA has 100% votes to select the winner in the ‘Legend Award’ category. Past winners in this category are Afrobeat legend, the Late Fela Anikulapo Kuti (Nigeria); South African male choral group, Ladysmith Black Mambazo; Soul Makossa and saxophonist, Manu Dibango (Cameroon); the Late Oliver Mtukudzi (Zimbabwe); Salif Keita (Mali); Yvonne Chaka Chaka (South Africa); King Sunny Ade (Nigeria); and Papa Wemba (Congo).
AFRIMA received over 8,800 songs as entries which were screened down to 400 songs by the Jury into continental and regional categories cutting across African talents and creatives living on the continent and in the Diaspora. In partnership with the African Union Commission (AUC), AFRIMA 2021 will be broadcast live on 84 television stations in 109 countries from Eko Hotels & Suites, Lagos, Nigeria from November 19 – 21, 2021.
Since 2014, AFRIMA has been regarded as the ultimate recognition of African music globally.