An astute local government expert, Mr Amon Kotei has said that, the president, after going through all the necessary procedures to appoint MMDCEs will still have the utmost decision to decide on whose fate should be considered after committee presents it reports to him.
The experienced local government expert was reacting to the low and high of the President failure to appoint MMDCEs to represent the central government.
Speaking to Kwame Koranteng on Anɔpa Dawuro on Republic Fm, Mr Kotei maintained that, the functions of the Municipal and District chief executives is about 20% political, the remaining 80% being absolutely technical.
“As far as I’m concerned, at the district level and the regional level, the shortlisted candidates would be asked to write a summarized essay and, if the committee realize the candidate has nothing to offer but was present during the coalition, no but at the National level, so far as I’m concerned, the functions of the Municipal and District chief executives is about 20% political and the rest a technical aspect”. He said
“I’m spite of all these, if the candidate has all the qualities and does not affiliate with the party, there’s going to be a problem and if the candidate is a technical candidate and is a party faithful, there’s going to be a problem, and so it has to be balanced but in all the recommendations, the President is going to have to the appointing authority” he added.